As a plus-size mom, looking for a product that is designed for your parameters is not easy. A similar thing goes for finding some baby carriers. If they choose the one that is too tight on your shoulder, you can get strain and feel sore at the end of the day. So, how to pick up the best baby carriers for plus size moms? Which features should you consider before purchasing one? How many kinds of baby carriers are available on the market? And which one is the best?
Let’s clear up your above queries by consulting our study below now!
List of The Best Baby Wrap Reviews
1. Moby Wrap Baby Carrie
The Moby Wrap baby carrier can be used from birth up to a weight of 35 pounds and is known as the best baby carrier for baby-wearing, breastfeeding and keeping baby close, simply because it brings a natural feeling and direct physical contact between moms and their baby. Not only are their sides high enough to wrap for privacy but the design is also long to bring the best comfort.
Furthermore, this baby carrier distributes weight evenly over the shoulders, hips, and back so it’s cozy to carry for a long time, making it perfect when traveling or for those who have a back pain. However, it’s not ideal to use at hot places because the inside is quite warm and easy to make you sweat, affecting your baby.
Since the Moby Wrap is made totally of 100% lightweight cotton, it’s lightly stretchy, bringing a very secure feeling. Wonderfully, this product also fits for dads, not just for moms since it comes with a natural fit that easily adjusts to various body types
- 100% cotton
- Be ideal for breastfeeding, carrying, and keeping baby close to mom’s chest
- Made from soft, durable and stretchable fabric, allowing your baby to lie comfortably
- Be versatile since you can carry in different styles such as on your back, sideways, or facing you or out
- Be easy to use and clean
- Some complain that it’s not a travel-friendly wrap because of its long fabric design
- Be hot in summer
2. Boba Wrap
Select the grey-themed Boba Wrap if you’re looking for a traditional baby wrap. Made of 95% cotton and 5% spandex, this product is known as a comfortable accessory that you can enjoy using every day. Moreover, it stretches lightly to protect babies well and prevent tears over time.
Similar to the Moby Wrap, the Boba Wrap is appropriate to babies from newborn up to 35 pounds as well as from birth to the age of 18 months. Besides, it’s a one-size-fits-all baby carrier that is totally machine washable. Relying on that, you don’t need to spend lots of time scrubbing it manually.
Without straps, buckles, or snaps on the Boba Wrap, the baby will be safely kept inside. Furthermore, his head is held comfortably and close to the mom’s body, making discreet breastfeeding and great bonding. What’s more, you are able to tie this wrap in various ways to get fun time with the baby outdoors and indoors.
- Comes with snug cotton fabric (95%)
- Be free from any harmful chemicals and dyes
- Has a stylish outlook
- Be easy to clean
- Be equipped with an instructional booklet
- Don’t use the Boba Wrap if your baby is under 8 pounds
- Be hot in summer because of the thick fabric
3. Baby Wrap – Baby Carrier by CuddleBug
It seems that the CuddleBug has prevailed over its rivals. Using the 4-in-1 Baby Wrap helps to increase the bonding between parents and baby and at the same time reduces the crying and fussing of the infant.
Aside from the great looking design, what sets this product apart is its safety while you wear it to carry the child. This wrap permits the baby to move throughout the day without feeling uncomfortable. Moreover, your child learns and improves his cognitive development better.
Thanks to the supportive and secure design, you won’t feel strain when cradling your baby. Whether you’re indoors or outdoors, the baby wrap by CuddleBug always serves you well. Last but not least, as a great bonus, you can receive a lifetime warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Comes with comfortable and stretchable cotton fabric
- Provides an ultimate safety when cradling babies
- Boosts cognitive development, constant stimulation, affection and love
- Be easy to use and wrap in different styles
- Gives a great warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee
- Be hot when availing in summer
- Some complain the wrap might sag after many uses
4. Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier
The main attractiveness of the Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier is that it acts like a wrap without the wrapping. Moreover, it offers an efficient support for the baby’s head, back, and shoulders.
This product features a unique double-loop design that provides an extra security for carrying the child as well as putting you at ease while nursing and bonding through skin-to-skin care. What’s more, the patented double-loop design is able to evenly distribute the baby’s weight across your back and shoulders.
The Baby K’tan Original Baby Carrier is tight and light, yet strengthening similar to a structured carrier. Made of 100% natural cotton, it ensures that your child’s sensitive skin doesn’t get any allergic reactions. Since the materials have been examined for dangerous chemicals and dyes, just set your mind at rest.
Additionally, the baby wrap comes in a variation of fabrics and colors that is machine washable and dryer safe, making it easy to maintain for multiple uses.
- Made of 100% natural cotton
- Features a unique double-loop – be easy to adjust and wear
- Provides a huge range of versatile
- Be easy to clean
- Be safe for 8-35 pounds babies
- Be challenging to place the baby in the right place
- Some complain that it lacks the snugness of other wraps
The Best Baby Ring Slings Reviews
1. Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Ring Sling Baby Carrier
The Maya Wrap lightly padded ring sling baby carrier is worn with a large piece of fabric against your back. Hence, there are no tight straps or strings to make you feel uncomfortable. In addition, there is no complex wrapping involved so that this wrap can slip on and off your body with ease. What’s more, the rings are made from high-quality aluminum that has been examined to endure 250 pounds.
The sole difference is the length of the fabric. For moms who often breastfeed should use the longest fabric. Relying on that, they can conceal their child while breastfeeding. Moreover, this product is great for stimulating milk to let down which is ideal for nursing moms.
Since the Maya Wrap is suitable for babies who weight from 8 to 35 pounds, you easily change how they’ve placed in the baby sling and adjust it to best fit you both. Plus, your back and hips won’t strain anymore thanks to a soft structured carrier.
Made of 100% cotton fabric, this product is totally appropriate to the sensitive skin of the baby.
- Small and light – be easy to bring anywhere
- 100% cotton fabric
- Be simple to put on and take off
- Be adjustable – parents of different sizes and heights can use it easily
- Be convenient with an extra fabric
- Features a secure pocket to hold additional items and an instructional DVD
- Passed all secure tests and CPSC complaint
- The Maya Wrap might put a strain on your shoulder because it just has one shoulder sling
- Be hot in summer
2. Baby Sling Wrap Carrier from BabyWombWorld
Carrying and bonding with your baby will become easy thanks to the Baby Sling Wrap Carrier from BabyWombWorld. Suggested for use with newborns weighing up to 30 pounds, its adjustable design is non-irritant. When your baby grows, it will develop with him, offering the safety and comfort.
Since positioning is versatile, you are able to adjust your child on the front or on the side with ease. Furthermore, you can customize it for interacting with the baby to enhance bonding.
Made of a high-quality cotton and spandex fabric, this sling provides for shock absorption, comfort, durability, and elasticity. Its breathable fabric also prevents your baby from overheating. What’s more, the slightly padded sides permit for light carrying on the shoulders and gives you a hands-free nursing.
The sling wrap from BabyWombWorld provides a steel ring so that you can carry the baby safely and easily. Plus, the “belt” of the slings permits for simple threading while the sling can be oriented past the “belt” part to get the correct fit. Last but not least, you can get a 60-day money back guarantee if feeling unsatisfied after using.
- High-quality and comfortable cotton and spandex
- Endures 30 pounds
- Comes with a super shock absorption
- Be versatile and easy to adjust
- Has a great 60-day money back
- Some complain that they didn’t receive any instructions on how to use
3. Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap Carrier
The Mamaway Ring Sling Baby Wrap Carrier introduces itself as an ideal baby sling that makes it possible to get the baby positioned and ready to go in just seconds.
Your child can flexibly stay with you all the time and won’t cry anytime thanks to the stretchy cotton fabric. Moreover, the way in which the sling permits you to place the baby is perfect. You won’t feel load because the system distributes your baby’s weight evenly. What’s more, the baby sling is ergonomically designed to hold the child in the safest position on the front of the body or on the back or at the hip.
Made of 100% premium combed cotton, it’s machine washable and fast-drying. In addition, it comes with a ring sling style which features plastic durable rings, helping to hold the baby worry-free as well as hands-free. Interestingly, you receive a patented storage bag to hold extra items that weigh about 30 grams.
- Comes with a full-adjustable size – fits almost any body type
- 100% combed cotton – be easy to clean
- Evenly diffuses the baby’s weight for easy carrying
- Carries 100 pounds for 24 hours, guaranteeing that any baby is safe when using this product
- Offers comfortable positions of legs and hips
- Some complain that it’s hard to use
- The price is a bit expensive
The Best Meh Dai/Mei Tai Baby Carries Reviews
1. CuddleBug 3-in-1 Mei Tai Carrier with Hood
Thanks to a versatile 3-in-1 design, the CuddleBug Mei Tai Carrier with Hood can be worn on your hip, chest or back depending on your child’s age and state of growth. No matter what you’re doing, your baby is always kept close to you at any time.
Of course, your hands are totally free while using this versatile carrier. Due to the material of cotton and weave, your child is guaranteed to get hours of breathability and comfort. Since this product is okay for washing machine, you are able to take it anywhere you go.
Wonderfully, you can get a lifetime replacement guarantee and 30-day money back one while buying the CuddleBug 3-in-1 Mei Tai Carrier.
- Comes with durable fabric and stitching
- Withstands after many uses without having signs of tear and wear
- Fits most parents
- Has an affordable price
- Offers a great guarantee
- Some meet troubles of tying for the first time
- Washes this product alone to prevent it from bleeding color over other clothes
2. Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier
Inspired from Mei Tai, the Infantino baby carrier is designed with a tie and wrap that helps you create a custom fit that is totally comfortable and natural for everyone’s body. No matter what your body is small or big, its flexible style can easily adjust to bring comfort for you and provide great support to your kid.
With a natural seat, this Mei Tai carrier permits for 3 various carrying ways including hip-hugger, backpack, and facing in. In addition, it comes with a separate hood to provide support to the kid while he’s sleeping or protecting him from the sun and wind.
The small inconvenience is that you cannot use the dryer to dry the Infantino Sash Mei Tai carrier. So, just wash it in the washing machine and then hang out to dry.
- Be easy to adjust
- Reduces pressure on the shoulders thanks to a thick and cushioned shoulder pads
- Permits a unique combination between traditional and modern ways
- Offers a separate hood – be convenient for protecting or giving a privacy while breastfeeding
- Be easy to use and clean
- The straps, in some cases, are too long
- After many uses, the straps might loosen up a bit
The Best Buckle Carriers (Structured Carriers) Reviews
1. Lillebaby The Complete Airflow 360° Ergonomic Six-Position Baby & Child Carrier
When it comes to versatility, unique features, and quality design, Lillebaby The Complete Airflow 6-in-1 baby carrier is quite ideal.
This product comes with an excellent ergonomic seat that can assist your kid at the knees and leave his small legs in the right position. Depending on different ages and weights, you can easily adjust for various seat settings (narrow or wide). And with 6 various carrying positions, you’re free to choose any position you want.
The 25-to-52-inch waistband doesn’t only offer great comfort but also maintain a healthy posture and back alignment, preventing lower back strain. In addition, the large and padded waist belt can expand the baby’s weight evenly as well as lessening the stress on shoulders.
What’s more, the mesh fabric allows the carrier to be worn in any kind of weather. Although it’s quite hot in warm weather, the mesh on this product always permits for the best breathability and comfort for both parents and babies.
LILLEbaby have Waist Belt Extension Strap (sold separately) extends your carrier waist belt by up to 9.5″
- Offers 6 different carrying positions
- Comes with a long lifespan since it can be used for baby from 7 to 45 pounds
- Provides a great lumbar support
- Be easy to adjust
- Be an “all seasons” model thanks to the mesh material
- Some want places for keeping pulse or keys
- The material sometimes irritates those with sensitive skin
2. Ergobaby 360 All Carry Positions Award-Winning Ergonomic Baby Carrier
The Ergobaby 360 All Carry Positions baby carrier is considered as one of the best relating to such support since it always keeps the baby in the best position. While carrying, your kid will be maintained in an ergonomic natural “M” position. Since the waistband easily adjusts from 26 to 52 inches while the shoulder straps are between 28 to 46 inches, this product can fit any body types.
Another feature that this baby carrier attracts multiple parents is all about the natural material. It’s made with 100% premium cotton. Although it’s not totally organic, it’s quite darn close. Relying on that, you can get a softer feeling while wearing and your little baby can keep off harsh chemicals.
- Comes with a soft fabric – not irritate those with a sensitive skin
- Offers a good support for both carriers and children
- 100% premium cotton
- Always keeps the babies in optimal positions
- Be easy to use, adjust, and clean
- Provides a thick padding for great comfort
- Some reported that the cotton might shrink after washing
- Need at least two persons to put on and take off this carrier
- The price is a little expensive
3. Gemini Performance Baby Carrier by Beco
If you need the clean and simple buckle carrier, the Gemini Performance by Beco Baby Carrier will be an ideal selection. This product also features the large use of padding, providing the adjustable straps between 23 and 45 inches. Plus, the waistband can adapt from 27 to 59 inches, giving the plus size moms or dads a comfortable feeling while wearing this carrier.
The weight disbursement is another outstanding feature as well. By utilizing three sets of straps, you won’t feel any strain on your shoulders, waists, and back. No matter what your baby is between 7 and 35 pounds, you have no worry as the Gemini Performance baby carrier is designed to support the kids from newborn to toddler.
When it comes to the guarantee, you will receive a limited lifetime warranty. So, if you feel unsatisfied with the product, you can send it back for a refund.
- Gives a large support for both parents and babies
- Comes with a comfortable and soft fabric
- Offers thick padding
- Be easy to adjust and use
- Effectively develops with the baby
- Some need a hood to protect their kids
- In some cases, you might use blankets for keep your baby well-positioned
4. Baby Tula Ergonomic Carrier
If you frequently adjust the height of the baby carrier, the Baby Tula Ergonomic is what you should pay attention to. The waistband’s size is from 27 to 59 inches that make adjustment easier. In addition, this product offers extra features as hoods and compartments for storing blankets or pacifiers.
Thanks to the Dual-adjustment padded straps, your hips and shoulders won’t feel hurt. This is because this carrier brings the optimal shoulder and neck comfort. In addition, the ergonomic M-position seat helps to support safe growth for your baby’s body.
What’s more, the Baby Tula Ergonomic carrier is hand-made from 100% premium canvas, providing great breathability. And don’t forget to check a weight range from 15-45 pounds or begin at 7 pounds to use for your baby correctly.
- Be easy to adjust for multiple parents
- Hand-made from 100% premium canvas
- Offers various ergonomic positions
- Comes with extra compartments for storing necessary stuff
- This product easily gets dirty
- Avoid using it for baby who is under 7 pounds
5. Infantino Cuddle Up Ergonomic Hoodie Carrier
As the name suggests, this soft structured carrier from Infantino comes with a hoodie component that can keep the baby away from tough effects of the sun. Although this product is small in size, it can carry the weight between 12 and 40 pounds with ease.
Since you are able to adjust the straps’ size to make it fit your body, your child is always close to you. In addition, the Infantino Cuddle Up baby carrier emphasizes comfort for the baby. That’s why it’s designed for the M position, making the child feel comfortable while on the carrier.
- Comes in a small size yet holds up to 40 pounds
- Features a detachable hood
- Offers an ergonomic and comfortable position for babies
- Be easy to adjust and clean
- Some complain that this product limits movements or restrict large babies
Different Kinds of the Best Baby Carriers for Plus Size Moms
#1 – Wraps
The first type of the baby carriers for plus size moms is wraps. They come in a group of stretchy fabrics and can be utilized in a variety of positions. Just tie around your body, often over the shoulders and around the mid-section to create a carrier.
#2 – Ring slings
The next kind of the best baby carriers for plus size moms is ring slings. They are considered as an ideal choice since they are super adjustable and can be purchased in longer sizes. Since the ring slings are basically a long piece of fabric that is tightened by rings made out of metal, they are easy and quick to use for cradling the baby.
This video below will guide you how to use the ring sling:
#3 – Meh Dais/Mei Tai
The Meh Dais/Mei Tai is an Asian-inspired baby carrier including a rectangular body and four straps of fabric that help to tie around the wrist and shoulders. The straps are truly wide to ensure that they’re comfortable for moms, especially plus size ones.
How to use Mei Tai, check this video now
#4 – Buckle Carriers (Structured Carriers)
The next kind of the best baby carriers for plus size moms is the buckle ones (also called as soft structured carriers or SSC). Via using straps and buckles, most SSCs are easy to use. Moreover, they come in an array of sizes and shapes that can fit any type of body. What’s more, these products are ergonomically accurate for the babies.
Watch this video to know how to use the buckle carrier
Things to look for the Best Baby Carriers for Plus Size Moms
Above are the best-rate products that are corresponding to each type of the best baby carriers for plus size moms. If you easily find the suitable for yourself, it will be great. But, in case you still want to know more, we’re willing to show you some.
The first important thing is all about a good fit. That means you must pay attention to the safety and protection between you and your kids. Of course, not all carriers are designed equally. So, you need to read the label or review to check whether there is a size on or not.
If the baby carrier has an XL or XXL on the label, that means a plus size mom/dad can wear comfortably. The best thing is to look for the adjustable and flexible ties and straps so that they can fit different body types. The extension strap is always a nice idea in this case. Or if you opt for the buckle carrier, make sure you pick up the one that has the adjustable waist belt.
In addition, to reach the right level of comfort, you should look for something with extra pads to lessen pressure on the shoulders while using for long periods of times. What’s more, you need to notice of the fabric that the baby carrier is made out of. The mesh linings are known as a good choice to offer a great breathability that your baby needs.
As outlined above, there are 4 different types of baby carriers. And each allows a range of weight limits that are good for toddlers to large kids. For instance, if you want to carry the infants, the wraps might be ideal. But, in case you want the buckle carrier, please consider again. Truly, each product offers its weight limits that you can consult with ease.
Continue talking about the material inside of the baby carriers. The most important thing is to pick up the one that is free from dyes or any harsh chemicals because they can harm your baby. Luckily, most brands ensure that their products have no harm to the kids. The best thing is to choose the baby carrier which is made of cotton or fabric.
Depending on your own preference, you are able to choose any kind of color. Though, we think the dark colors are better.
The baby carriers come in a huge range of prices. Although the high-cost products give extra features and might be stronger, it doesn’t mean that they are the good pick. Generally, you need to set a budget first and remember that the carrier won’t last more than years since your baby gets older quickly.
Safety and reliability
If making mention of the safety and reliability, there are lots of things to consider. For instance, how the stitching along the seams is, what the quality of the clips, zippers, fasteners, or loops are, where the zippers and bucklers attach, and so on. Besides, the safety also relates to the baby position, the accurate head and neck support, and the breathability of the fabric.
Of course, no one wants a complex baby carrier since they will spend lots of time on deciphering what to do with it and take hours to put on, adjust, and take off. So, always opt for the carriers which are ease of use. And don’t forget that your chosen carrier needs to be cleaned with ease. The best thing is select the machine-washable one.
Our above list of the best baby carriers is versatile, permitting for numerous carrying positions. Some come with two positions including backward-facing and forward-facing while some offer six positions such as hip sling, backward-facing toddler, back carrier, etc. Almost all can carry the baby from 7 pounds (newborn) until 40 pounds (4 years old).
Extra bits and piece
Depending on your different demands, you are able to look for the baby carriers that offers some extra bits and piece.
Hope that this article helps you deal with the trouble of looking for the best baby carriers for plus size moms. With different kinds and great features from each product, we believe that you easily pick up one. Since the baby carriers are evaluated for their high commodity than the baby strollers or walkers, they can be your great investment for a long time.
Suppose you have any query about this topic, just leave your comments here and we will discuss together.