What Is The Best Mosquito Repellent For Babies?
When you have a baby, you need to secure the place so that no harm could go near him or her. You might just do some extra cleaning and extreme inspection of the area where you are going to be staying for your baby’s safety.
However, there will always be a time when you cannot help mosquitoes from reaching your baby. Therefore, you are going to need the best mosquito repellent for babies. One which can keep your baby untouchable by the mosquitoes and which cannot harm your baby’s delicate skin.
Last update on 2018-06-24 PST - Details
Components In Mosquito Repellent
The best mosquito repellent for babies has the following components that you shouldn’t miss checking.
DEET is the most widely used component in mosquito repellents. It shouldn’t be used for children that are two months of age and below. Although children above three months can use it already, the concentration should be 30% or less. A mosquito repellent that has a higher concentration of DEET does not work for additional protection but for a longer period of time only.
If you think DEET component can kill mosquitoes that go near your baby, then you are wrong. It only repels them causing them to turn into another victim rather than your baby. Mosquitoes would find it hard to be in contact with your baby’s skin when repellent with DEET is applied.
Picaridin is another component that is a little bit similar to that of DEET except that this one has a more pleasant smell. It has available concentrations that you can choose from and it ranges from 10 to 20%. Picaridin is also not as greasy as DEET and it is also a rising component. A lot of mosquito repellents have been using this component in replacement of DEET.
This is an active ingredient which should not be applied to your baby’s skin. In fact, it is strongly advised that the best mosquito repellent of your choice that has permethrin as a component should only be applied to the baby’s clothing or camping gear. This should not be directly in contact with the baby’s skin.
Citronella can be found commonly on mosquito repellants that are plant-based. It is a combination of special grasses and another eighty groups of compounds.
This is not recommended to be a component of the best mosquito repellent for babies, though, because it has been reported to cause skin irritations and allergic reactions. This might just be harmful to your baby.
This is a component of that can be found in most plant oils and has been included as an ingredient in making the best mosquito repellent for babies. In fact, this has been known to compete with the mosquito repellents that have DEET as a component. This can protect your baby for 2 to 4 hours, but it still depends on the type of mosquito that would attempt to go near your baby.
The oil of lemon eucalyptus is a natural component which can be included as an ingredient in the best mosquito repellent for babies.
This can be an expert of preventing mosquito bites in your babies’ skin. This can compete with the products that have DEET of 6.65% concentration. However, this is not recommended to be used for babies that are below 3 years of age.
Now that you know what to expect for your choice of the best mosquito repellent for babies, here is a list of repellents where you can choose your bet.
Last update on 2018-06-24 PST - Details
Top 5 Mosquito Repellent For Babies
Bee Naturals Insect Repellent is an all-natural product which could help you prevent mosquitos from getting near you baby. It is essential in getting rid of mosquitoes, ticks, and another insect that can cause harm to your child.
This is definitely safe to use even for a baby because Bee Naturals Insect Repellent doesn’t have components that can be used as a pesticide. Additionally, it is also DEET-free.
Instead of having harmful chemicals as an ingredient, Bee Naturals Insect Repellent uses a wise combination of ten varying essential oils. This makes it possible for your baby to be free from the destructive effects of a mosquito’s bite.
While other mosquito repellents have a really awful smell, this product actually leaves your baby a refreshing perfume blend of the different leaves being used as ingredients. It also doesn’t stink your baby out because this doesn’t leave a gross smell. You can definitely apply this directly to your baby’s skin or just to his or her clothes. This is totally safe since there are no harmful chemicals added to its ingredients.
- Effective - This mosquito repellent is successful in helping you get rid of the insects that could harm your baby’s health.
- Safe - Bee Naturals Insect Repellent is safe to use especially if you apply it to your baby’s delicate skin. This doesn’t encourage allergic reactions.
- Scent is great - This product can protect you from mosquitoes without failing to give you a fruity scent.
- Degree of application - You will have to apply sufficient amount on your baby’s skin or clothing, otherwise, this product wouldn’t be as effective as you would want it to be.
Maywood Mosquito Repellent Spray can also be your choice for the best mosquito repellent for babies.
With the use of ingredients like lemon eucalyptus and tea tree, this product can definitely ward off mosquitoes from your baby.
It is free of harmful chemicals to protect your baby from getting allergic reactions. It doesn’t have DEET as its ingredient as this is believed to be a strong component and thus is not suitable for babies.
This doesn’t have complicated instructions for use. You can apply it directly to your baby’s skin or to his or her clothing. In fact, you can do both for assurance. Furthermore, this product can still be effective even after hours of application.
- All natural - Maywood Mosquito Repellent Spray is completely chemical-free and it has no DEET as an ingredient.
- No allergic reactions - This mosquito repellent does not cause allergic reactions as this is an all-natural mosquito repellent.
- Smells great - It can leave you with a scent that you are going to love. You can have the fragrance of a citronella when you apply this to your baby.
- Sprays well - The bottle spray is also competitive enough as it does its job well. It sprays like a mist which would be great if you do it to your baby as there is less tendency that it would get to his or her eyes.
- Scent is too strong - The citronella fragrance of this mosquito repellent is too strong that it becomes annoying.
The Cutter All Family Insect Repellent provides you with convenience and outdoor protection so that your skin cannot be affected by bites of insects. I love this product because I can apply it on any part of my body, even on the face, neck, and ears. In addition, my women highly appreciate that after using, there is no oily sensation.
Another strong point is that the package has a Ziploc closure, thus its wipes are prevented from getting dry when it is opened. There are 15 wipes in each package, which protect you from not only mosquitoes but also bugs. Compared to other traditional insect repellents, the cutter products do not have a bad smell like bug spray.
One advantage which cannot be ignored is that you can use this product on children skin. However, remember that these wipes are not small enough to be put in a purse or a backpack. In addition, you should keep in mind to reapply the repellent every few hours with a view to keeping you safe.
So, somebody asks why we need to apply these wipes every few hours? The answer lies in the fact that this product only contains 7,15% DEET functioning as an active agent. As a result, you do not have to worry much about allergic reactions.
- The Deal With DEET: DEET is one of the most effective chemicals for keeping bugs at bay and is is safe for babies over 2 months.
- Convenient wipes: they can be applied on faces, ears, and necks
- Very soft: The wipes provide you with the feeling of using clean and cooling scents. Thus they are pleasant to use. However, they still help you to prevent mosquitoes up to two hours.
- Reduced allergic reaction and irritation as much as possible.
- You must reapply these wipes often
- You must use more wipes for better results
Brookyo Mosquito Repellent Bracelet for Babies is made of natural components that are all non-toxic. It can be used by the members of the family especially the babies in order to get rid of mosquitoes.
You can wear this at any time and at anywhere as this is only worn as a bracelet. This wouldn’t hinder your activities since it is lightweight and definitely manageable.
This mosquito repellent bracelet can be adjusted such that it would bring comfort to your baby and to your family.
It is also capable of giving off a scent that mosquitoes do not want, thus, they do not get near you. Although the scent is strong for the mosquitoes, it is completely safe for your baby. The patches for this bracelet could last up to 7 days which makes it a reliable product.
- DEET-free - This product is an all-natural one and it does not have a DEET component as an ingredient to get rid of the possible allergic reactions that may happen.
- Great scent - The citronella scent of this mosquito repellent bracelet is helpful in preventing mosquitoes from biting your baby.
- Convenient - You can still do whatever you want even when wearing this Brookyo Mosquito Repellent Bracelet for Babies. It would just stay in the position that you have set it to give you the freedom and capability to perform the activities and tasks that you are supposed to do.
- Not sticky - Since this is only a bracelet for mosquitoes, this does not leave your baby’s skin oily or sticky. This keeps them from getting a taste of the repellent.
- Overwhelming scent - The fragrance may just be too overwhelming for the babies.
Sawyer Insect Repellent Pump Spray is effective in keeping mosquitoes away from your baby.
This is a pump spray which could help you protect your child from the dangers of being bitten by mosquitoes.
It has 20% concentration of Picadirin which makes it last long in doing its duty. Using this mosquito repellent won’t irritate the skin of your baby.
This mosquito repellent for babies is adjustable enough so that your baby can feel comfortable in wearing it.
Auberge Mosquito Repellent Bracelet for Babies is very well-stitched so that no piece of cotton would go loose when your baby gets to wear it.
It also has a Velcro closure and a mesh pocket which could be useful for you too. This is totally effective when you go camping or even when you just stay indoors!
- Gentle on skin - Having Picadirin as an ingredient in the formulation of best mosquito repellent for babies is an effective one. It is gentle on the skin.
- Scent - The scent of this product is soft for the nose. It is not overwhelming.
- Large quantity is needed - Small amount of the mosquito repellent on the skin is not sufficient in getting rid of the mosquitoes. There is still a tendency that your baby will be bitten when some areas of the skin were not applied with this pump spray.
- Rashes - When constantly applied to keep mosquitoes away from children, rashes can occur.
Every time you go near a river or a lake, I swear that there is no product suitable than the Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard.
This lotion protects you from many insects regarding mosquitoes, gnats, noseeums, black flies and dear ticks. Moreover, because it is waterproof, you do not need to reapply it every few hours.
This wonderful lotion is composed of SPF 30, vitamin E and aloe. Thus it can keep you safe from harmful UV rays, as well as keep your skin soft and moisturized.
In addition, as I mentioned above, you can use this product even on beach bumming.
Another great advantage is that it is free of DEET and Picaridin, however, it still contains other synthetic ingredients, which play an important role in preventing insects from biting you like beta-alanine. After using, you do not need to wash off.
Last but not least, this compound is known as mosquito repellent in Asia and Europe, but in fact, according to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), it is a biopesticide.
- Double protection: The lotion provides you with double protection. Thanks to the SPF, it protects you from the harmful sunlight, as well as repels insects.
- Non-greasy: this is only a bracelet protecting against mosquitoes, thus it does not leave your baby’s skin sticky or oily. Moreover, you do not feel like using a repellent.
- DEET-free: This product is DEET-free, thus it stands no chance of causing allergic reactions to your skin.
- Great scent: This lotion has citronella scent, thus it prevents your baby skin from being bitten by the mosquitoes.
- Does not prevent your skin from bugs effectively.
- If you have sensitive skin, you should not use this product as it can irritate your skin.
These are some of the top picks for the best mosquito repellent for babies. You should consider the components and ingredients in which your choice has been made. Also, pay attention to the cons for each product as this will tell you how much you need to endure to get some benefits or advantages of the product.
For this roundup, the winner for the best mosquito repellent for babies is the Auberge Mosquito Repellent Bracelet for Babies. It does not create a sticky moisture in your baby’s skin and it also doesn’t leave oil. This doesn’t have a chemical component as this is an all-natural product. The scent is also great and it doesn’t overwhelm. While all of the mentioned features can be observed to some of the products here as well, the only thing that made this one standup is its Velcro closure which helps you make sure that it can be adjusted to your preference and that it would fit on your whole family. The only con for this is that one bracelet may not be enough. Thus, you will need to purchase two for your baby, as you can place one in the wrist and another in one of his or her ankles.